Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I Wouldn't Trade This For Anything!

Kia ora whanau,

We had a flippin' mean as week! Definitely the usual rollercoaster though!

Starting off, we had 30 minutes to spare before we needed to head down to Pukekohe so I could do a baptism interview, so we decided to visit with some less-actives. First, we saw a Samoan family, so we were keen and went over. We walked into their home and they were in a rush, so we said we'd be really quick. Just before we were about to leave, they said, "Elders, come (pointing to the kitchen table) we will just have a quick one." So we were all good with that. We weren't hungry at all because we just ate right before we went over. So they brought out a cup of milo and some toast. So again we were like, "Oh yep, all good." Then they brought over about 8 more pieces of toast. Again we were all good! Then when we were almost done with our little feast of toast and hot milo, they brought out a whole plate of Casava (very dense, Potato type starch thing). Then we got a bit worried... 1. because we didn't have much time, and 2. we were so full. After we shoved our faces with all of that, they open the blimmin' oven and bring out a whole pig head. I honestly almost started crying. It was so terrible, but so awesome. I love how giving these people are, it's amazing! ;) 

Okay, we had the weirdest experience of all time the other day. We saw this guy that was either possessed by the devil or on some crazy drugs. We hopped in our car that we parked on the main street and looked over at this bro, just staring at the sun through this little metal nut. We were so confused! So we kept watching. After moving his head around all over the place while staring at the sun, he started moving his arms all over the place like he was trying to gather in the energy from the sun. It looked absolutely hilarious! Then after about 5 minutes of watching him, he started shooting the sky with his hand guns! Haha, it was honestly hilarious! 

Also... going along with the weird stuff that happened this week, we saw a police chase as we were tracting before lunch. We heard heaps of cops, and saw Cohor (police helicopter) in the sky. All of the sudden we saw this bro driving a car on 2 wheels, (the other 2 were popped) being chased by 12 cop cars. (yes, we counted) So we quickly ran back to the flat and hopped in our car and followed them. It was pretty mean! #crimeinvestigation 

While going to an appointment around 7:00 at night, we met this fella sitting outside of his house. We started having a pretty solid little discussion with him, just small talk and other stuff, then he said something that surprised me a bit. He said, "Man.. why are you guys wasting your 20's? These are times that you will never get back." I sat there thinking for a few seconds. The only thing I could tell him was, "Oh man, I wish you understood... I wouldn't trade this for anything!" Then he said, "Well, if you ever change your mind, come on over." In a way it was a pretty cool experience because I thought about it after. Am I honestly wasting my 20's? If only that fella knew what we had to offer, that would have never even crossed his mind. I just wish I had a better chance to explain it to him! 

We've had to deal with a lot of Anti-Mormon stuff lately. We've had some pretty devastating lessons these last few weeks--some that have brought tears of sadness to my eyes (don't worry though, I sucked them back into my eyelids so Elder Johnson couldn't see.) But it's been pretty tough! But we've had some amazing success as well! We knocked on this lady's door the other day and she was so happy to talk with us. She told us how she was friends with one the recent converts in our ward and how she would love to have us over again, and even have a lesson at this member's home! It was beautiful! Some random lady we met while tracting scheduled a member present lesson for herself--that doesn't happen every day! ;) 

Well that's about it!! I love you guys heaps! It's transfers this week! I'll honestly be so disappointed if one of us gets transferred. I want Johnson to kill me off! It has been an amazing transfer though.. but I'll find out today what's going down! :) Love ya'll heaps!

Elder Butler 



No comments:

Post a Comment