Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Kia ora whanau!

Today is Mother's Day back home. So first of all... Happy Mother's day to the best mama ever! She is the greatest... probably because she's the female version of myself, but all good! ;) I hope you have a wonderful day mother dear! We sang the best song ever yesterday during sacrament for mother's day as well. We just happened to sing my mama's favorite song, "Each Life That Touches Our's For Good." I loved it! :) 

I had the flippin' meanest week ever. It was just pure success! Honestly, new investigators were coming out of nowhere! We were blessed heaps! We set 2 new people for baptism, found 20 new investigators, and just heaps of other stuff! Great week to be a missionary! 

I'm reaching the final months of my mission, and Satan obviously knows that as well! I've had the trunkiest dreams of all time lately! I don't know what's up! :/ Oh well...

We played a mean game of 5 on 5 Gridiron on Monday, and it was so fun! Elder Sialaoa landed on my leg though, and it was swollen like a flippin' golf ball! It's now bruised from my knee to my ankle almost! It's pretty sweet! 

I went on Exchanges twice last week. Once with Elder Holmes and the other with Elder Anhder. They were both full of success! So many miracles! 

Alright, let me tell you a story that happened the other day. I don't know if it was legit, or just a coincidence, but it was unreal! So we were teaching this really nice Tongan fella outside of his house. He was obviously keen as, judging by his questions and the amount of attention he was giving us. It was relatively quiet most of the lesson, until we began talking about the restoration. Elder Johnson was in the middle of talking about the prophet Joseph Smith when someone pulls into their driveway and totally interrupted the lesson. Then when she finally left, he continued until he was reciting the first vision. He got through about two sentences, when a very loud airplane flew right over our heads, forcing him to pause until it was far enough away. After we could hear again, he continued. And all of the sudden, this dumb fella on the street decides to have a blimmin' drag race around the block with the car that you can probably hear all the way in Australia. It was unbelievable.. Satan was trying to stop that lesson! When we finally finished, and made our way back to the car, we laughed about it for a bit, both knowing that our testimonies were strengthened that day! ;) 

Well that's about it for now fam! I love you heaps! Again.. mama I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! And all the other mothers out there, and even Jaycee and Baylee.. Happy Mother's Day! :) 

Arohanui,
Elder Butler 

Mother's Day skype sesh! 


Me and Elder Johnson at a Mother's Day breakfast we had on Saturday morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment