Monday, August 10, 2015

Teaching the Good News!

Kia ora Whanau,

It's Elder B here... 

I don't have anything too special for you this week! No eating chicken feet, or anything like that! But it was pretty solid! Starting off though, crack up... Basketball!

We were out tracting one day and I saw this bro playing ball. So I was like, "Let's go get a new investigator!" He was trying to dunk it... he was so close!! He would get the ball over, let go, then grab the rim! So I took it as an opportunity to "Teach the good news!" ;) Let's just say it didn't work out as planned. I started talking to him, told him to throw it down, and said, "NICE man!!" Then I asked him if I could try! So I go up, feel wonderful, put it behind my head and just throw it down with 2 hands. I felt pretty good...until I looked at the hoop! I wrecked the whole backboard! It completely smashed to the ground. So...while everyone was in shock (including myself) we tried to fix it. It took us a good 20 minutes to figure something out! ;) But it ended up good enough. I told the guy I was so sorry, and he said, "Well...I wasn't expecting the brotha to have hops!" ;) Haha! So the point of this story is... I have no idea! But we laughed about it for ages after we left! ;) 

We brought some investigators to the Visitors Center. Their names are Maria and Reece. We've been working with them for a while, but just lately they've seemed way more keen. We watched the Testaments with them. You know it was a success when there are tears falling! ;) So that was cash money!

I've been out for a year now.  Wow, where has the time gone!? It's flown by! Soon I'll have to see all you crazy people again (what am I going to do?!) ;) All goods though!! The big fella, Elder Hopoate, just hit his 1 month left mark the other day, so that was cool I guess. 

I made a good friend last Monday. She's 19, she's from Malaysia, and she's a hard-out Muslim! Haha, we talked to her for ages because she flats with one of our recent converts, Jing. She told us all about the Muslims. She wears the hijab, (the covering for the hair and everything else) and she helped us understand a lot about them. She was way nice though! Her name was Aqmar. I just thought I'd let you know.. because it was cool! 

That's all for now! I know, I'm sorry I don't have heaps of goods to tell you! But my fingers are tired of typing, and I don't have any more stories. But I love you all!  Have a great week! 

Arohanui,
Elder Butler 

So we tracted a farm area last week. Found 1 keen as investigator that we're way pumped about. And we also found the nicest cow and donkey! They loved us.. They followed us everywhere. So I had to shoot a pic! 

#friends
I took this because I just wanted a picture to give to my dear mother so she wouldn't be mad at me!! :)Sso this is me and Hopoatamus (like hippopotamus.. long story) sitting.. emailing you!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment