Sunday, January 25, 2015

Paybacks...

Kia ora whanau,

Far out.. the weeks are going by fast as!! It feels like I just sat down yesterday to email you crazy people! ;) It was a solid week though.. Manurewa continues to be a gold mine... We got 2 new baptism sets!! Holy cow... Everyone we invite says yes!! :) We're absolutely pumped for Keanu's baptism.. He's so excited!! 

I thought i already talked about this last week.. so if i already did. I'm sorry! But i met a Basketball player on New Zealand's professional team, the NZ Breakers. He was chillin at our investigator's (baptism set's) house. So me.. being over confident told him that as long as I am companions with Elder Lingwall.. We will not lose a game in New Zealand!! So i told him to go get his friends!! ;) haha he thought we were so sick! We were telling him about the dunks we were throwing down the week before, and he was amazed. 

We have a new investigator named Panapa. He's from Aitutaki in the Cook Islands. He. is. massive!! Do you know the TV show "America's strongest man" (i think that's what it is) Where they pick up cars and stuff.. and dead lift ridiculous amounts of weight... ya.. Panapa is on the New Zealand's strongest man!! He's probably a good 350-400lbs. We were at his house the other day with brother Haurua and Panapa's brother.. I thought the house was going to collapse. There were 3 guys over 350lbs in 1 room!! He said he had a friend that's 475lbs.. Crazy!! :) 

I found my new favorite food! It's an islander food called Lu. Really popular in Tonga and Samoa!! It's Meat and Coconut Cream wrapped in Taro leaves!! Dang.. it's nice as!! ;) 

So.. remember when i made fun of Lingwall when he wrecked his bike a couple weeks ago? man.. I got payback. I was being stupid trying to ride my bike up the stairs on our flat.. and just totally fell straight on my butt!! ;) Pretty funny!! 

This week we went to our Baptist Pastor friend's house. We talked about the Book of Mormon for 2 and 1/2 hours!! It was unreal!! I had to pee when I got in their house.. and i never went.. When we got out of there finally.. i thought my appendix burst or something.. it hurt so bad!! ;) 

We went to the Coopers for dinner last night... They are Maori/Cook Island!! She is a Mean as cook!! wow!! I ate so fast.. that when i actually digested my food, i had to hurry and ask for the bathroom because i was literally on the verge of throwing up. I had to take some deep breaths!! ;) And Desert wasn't even on the table yet!! It was so nice though!! ;) 

That's about it for this week!! I finally got my SD card.. so i'm just pumped as to watch the videos on it from the whanau back home! :) I love you all!! :) Have a wonderful week!! :) 

Love,
Elder Butler 

No comments:

Post a Comment