Sunday, February 21, 2016

Timoti's Baptism - Worth the Wait!

Kia ora whanau!

My final week in Tauranga! I want to break out in tears just typing that! I love this area so much! I have some wonderful friends here, it's beautiful, my flat is amazing, and heaps of other reasons! Dang, and the hard part is, I don't even know where I'm going yet.

So this week-being my last-was also the best week so far! It was amazing! We had the most spiritual baptism ever. I've been waiting for this baptism for the last 4 1/2 months! Ever since the day I met Timoti I've been ready. And let me tell you, it was worth the wait. He prepared a talk for after his baptism, but he got up there and said, "I wrote down a talk that I was going to share with you today, but I decided not to use it." Then he closed his book and bore a powerful testimony for a couple of minutes. It was unbelievable! The gospel can truly change lives! I've seen it with my own eyes. Terrena (his wife) also gave a talk, and it was beautiful. The whole experience was just unreal. Then on Sunday, we sustained him to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. I love the gospel! 

Next... The combined ward activities! We (Elder Pene, Sister Siale, Sister Aldridge, our Ward Mission Leader and I) have been planning a combined ward sports night on Friday, and a musical fireside on Sunday. I was worried all week that nobody would come and our investigators would be let down. (Lack of faith) ;) But holy goodness...meanest flippin' activities I've ever been a part of in NZ. There was over 100 people at the sports night with heaps of non members and less actives. Elder Pene and I were on the BBQ, there was music playing, basketball, volleyball, ping-pong, and a few little games here and there. Flippin' mean as! All the islanders showed up to play volley. The older youth and priesthood were playing full court basketball tournaments. It was a blast! 

Then on Sunday, We had the musical fireside. Another great activity! Heaps of people there as well. Elder Pene and I, along with Sister Siale, Sister Aldridge, Elder Gish and Elder Nikau sang a song at the fireside called, "How Does a Servant Show His Love." Killed it!! ;) 

So I'm sick of typing, so I'll send some pics now! But I love you all so much! I love the gospel! I love my Savior! Missionary work is hard as, but weeks like this make it so worth it! That's all for now! 

Arohanui,
Elder Butler

Baptism of the big fella, Timoti! Best baptism ever! Check out that new suit though? ;) Also, I forgot to mention, my package was mean! I loved everything in it! My new tie is flippin' beautiful! I have worn it the last 3 days :) My little Christus is sitting on my desk! I love it...thanks gma and gpa! My All Blacks jerseys fit perfect! Thank you so much!

Elder Butler talking smack! "You remember how I beat you in ping pong yesterday?"

Soon to be Eternal!

Man... will you guys please shut up and let me cook my darn sausages?

See? I told you they're beautiful!

Sister Judd thinking she can just take over my job!




No comments:

Post a Comment