Monday, January 11, 2016

What the PIG'S EYE?!

Kia Ora whanau!!

Mean emails this week, so thank you so much! My week was pretty solid I'd say. I'm sad you already knew about my pig's eyes that I ate...I had a wonderful story for you! ;) Haha, all good though because I have pics. 

First of all, this is my last few days with Elder Jonsson before he gets transferred to Gisborne. He's been a great companion. We've definitely had our ups and downs! But certainly more ups than downs! Elder Pene is coming here to be with me. I don't know if you remember him. I served with him in Glenview. (We have some pics.) But i'm pretty pumped. I don't ever want to leave Tauranga. 

So starting off on Monday. We went on the meanest waterfall hike ever. It's called Omanawa Falls. It was difficult. We had to use ropes to climb down cliffs, and Jonsson took a good biff down a big hill (pretty hilarious!) It was flippin' beautiful! But not for families because it's hard. I'll send some pics of that as well! 

Here's kind of a cool story for you! I went on exchanges this week with Elder Gish. He's the flippin' man! We were working on finding our purpose in certain areas. So we tried the people we planned for, and they weren't home. So we knocked the doors around it. We ended up finding a 19 year old girl named Jurnee. We were wondering why there were about 15 pairs of high heels outside her door. She's a flippin' bikini model! But that's not the cool part. ;) We asked her about gospel stuff. And then I came up with a beautiful inspired question. And to answer it, she gave a cool experience about how God has helped her. Then she just starts bawling! She was full-on crying--it was awesome!! (It was a good cry.) ;) So we finished talking, got a return appointment, and went on our way saying, "Did that just happen??" It was mean as! 

Elder Gish and I had a mean exchange. We also set someone for baptism in the first lesson. They're cool as. Jonsson and I went back again a few days later, and they're solid! They are a young Maori couple. 

We've been hitting up the gym lately. This is my first time at some sort of gym in 17 months, so I was a little bit worried about how my body was going to work! But goodness, my benching went up almost 20lbs. I was benching 190. That's definitely a highlight for Elder Butler... almost in the 200's! ;) 

We had a movie night with the Prestons and Te Naia. The Restoration movie is amazing! I've seen it over 20 times on my mission now, and I love it every time! 

Elder Gish brought a pig's head to district meeting, for refreshments. It was beautiful. Sister Siale brought Otai as well! So we had a mean feed! And yes, I ate the tongue...and one of the eye balls! We were trying to get to the brain... but the skull was too hard! :/

Well that's about it! It was a mean week! This week should be pretty chill.. Elder Jonsson has heaps of people to say goodbye to. So yah... Life's good! I love you!

Arohanui,
Elder Butler

Check this out! We're about 200-300 feet above the waterfall! So it's pretty huge!

Dare Devils. 

This is where our climb started. You have to pass the gate to get to the hike! ;)

Down we go! 

Boom!!! Me. 

The Bros!

The bros round 2! (Left to right.) Jonsson, Gish, Me, Bracken, Hamilton (aka Ham town), Nikau, Chan-Sau. I love these fellas so much!

"B"
Now it's, "Yau's...king of the tree stump!"

Great family! This is Sister Vahai and Mel. wonderful people! Mel always lifts our spirits. He gave the closing prayer the other day and was asking for forgiveness.  Touched my heart!

Isn't it cute? It's smiling!





No comments:

Post a Comment