Monday, October 19, 2015

The Trunky Trio

Kia ora!! 

It was a great week! 

Starting off, we went to the chapel on P-Day, played some ball, and whipped out the ping pong table! Elder Butler's still got it! ;) Ping pong champ! You would think I am Asian or something, but all good! Then on Monday night, a member took us out to eat at a buffet. Wow! It's the kind where you put all your stuff in a bowl and give it to the chef and they cook it right in front of you! Man, it was flippin' delicious! (and ridiculously expensive!) ;) 

So last week I didn't even mention that we got a new companion. His name is Elder Gemmell. He's from Hastings, New Zealand and he's waiting for his visa to go to Belgium. He's the man! My first Kiwi companion. Our zone calls us the "trunky trio," because I'm transfer-trunky, Gemmell is Belgium-trunky, and Rios is just straight up, trunky! 

Funny story about Rios this week. We were tracting one day, and Gemmell and I started talking to someone, and we noticed that Rios wasn't with us. So we looked behind us, and he's just throwing up all over the place! Haha, something gagged him and finally he just puked like 5 times!  We were cracking up! ;)

This week we took out our buddy Milo from Samoa to do some missionary work! He got stuck with me...tracting! ;) It was hilarious seeing him completely shocked to see how rude some people are to missionaries! And New Zealand is generally pretty nice, but when I tracted with Milo, not a single nice person seemed to be on the streets! ;) Then we went to his place and had some Koko Samoa, and Masipopo (I think that's how you spell it!). 

Also, Elder Gemmell! He hasn't even been to the MTC yet, so we are his "pre-MTC" trainers! He's still trying to get used to the missionary schedule. We looked over at an appointment with a less active, and he was just crashed out on the couch beside us! 

Other than that, I'm just ready to bounce out of Hamilton. I'll know where/if I'm leaving today or tomorrow most likely! I'm pretty pumped!
 *A note from Robin* During our emailing session, he sent me this message: "PRESIDENT RUDD JUST CALLED!!! WOOOOOOOOO!! I'M GOING TO TAURANGA TO CONTINUE TO BE A ZONE LEADER WITH MY BUDDY ELDER JONSSON FROM SWEDEN! HE'S IN MY INTAKE! SO FLIPPIN' EXCITED!!!" 

But overall, It was a pretty good week! We had a lot of good sit down lessons with people, and found several solid new investigators! 

So anyways, I love you all heaps and missin' you bunches! 

Arohanui,
Elder Butler

#carrides... Butler, Rios, Gemmell...aka Trunky Trio! :)

Here I am with my new pet. It decided to take a poo on my shirt, but all good! I was already used to cow poo...so bird poo was nothing! ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment