Sunday, October 11, 2015

General Conference...The Good Stuff!

Wow....

Thank you all for the amazing emails this week! That literally made my whole day! First of all... mom... You're the flippin' bomb! Still ballin' and you're 1/2 a century old! ;) Haha, I wish I could see you in action on the court so dang bad! But that's okay, I brag to my companions about how cool you are all the time.  Love you heaps mother dear! Second... Pops... you're the man!  I love you to death big guy! Keep working hard.  Next to the Savior himself, you are my greatest example! 

This week was alright. I started out the week sick as! Elder Rios caught it first, then the next day, Elder Butler smashed. :/ It was miserable! 

But lets get the good stuff down first, shall we? General Conference! Loved it! Elder Holland's talk about mothers made me trunky as! Nah.. just kidding! But it really made me appreciate my dear mother! Dad... I'm sorry. There were no talks about how cool males are.  I know how you feel! ;) But let's be honest, we're surrounded by some pretty amazing women!  I also loved President Eyring's talk during Priesthood. It answered most of my questions I came to conference with. He has definitely gone up to be one of my favorite speakers!

So, funny story:  This week we had a Mexican night to support the beautiful Butler/Rios Whakapapa! ;) We made burritos for dinner!  Haha, they were mean as! Delicious! But here's the bad part. We were at Ray Te Kani's place teaching him how to be a missionary and doing role plays, and all of the sudden my stomach is just killing me! So it was literally like, "Alright... God loves us so he has always called a prophet to.... oh my goodness... Ray we'll be back in 15 minutes!" Haha, I don't know what we did to those burritos.... 

We had an amazing lesson with one of our University student investigators. He is the man! We invited him to be baptized. He's so close! I don't know if I'll be here in Hamilton East to see that happen, but It was beautiful hearing someone finally say, "Yes, I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet!" I almost wanted to get off my chair and start cheering, "It's about flippin' time!" But then I remembered that I've been working on patience, and that wouldn't have sounded too patient!  So I kept my cool with a smile on my face! :) 

Some other stuff quickly.... A member bought all our groceries when we were in line, so I'm loaded with money! Not really.. It was so lucky! Well... blessings!! ;)

Maria and Reece dropped us.. It was heartbreaking! too much crazy stuff going on. Satan I'm tellin' ya.. If I ever meet him... wow!

I made a hole in someone's house as we were helping them move. The lady that moved in asked them for $10,000 to fix it, and they said heck no. They ended up not having to pay it, luckily! So I am officially an expensive child--causing $10,000 problems! ;) 

Well, that's me! I do have a few pictures for you all! :) So hold up!

Love you heaps.. and then some! ;)

Arohanui,
Elder Butler 

VC Pride

#thebros #thegoal (just not together) Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment