Sunday, June 14, 2015

Stepping up my Game! ;)

Kia Ora fam!

I'm so glad you got all my little gifts.. I was worried that they were too big to send, so I'm very glad that they made it! :) 

I'll start off telling you some good news.. This week had heaps of bad news.. but we'll just ditch that today! 

But Elder Butler's stepping up his game!! I'm now a Zone Leader in the heart of Hamilton! I'm serving in Glenview in the highest baptizing ward in the whole mission, Hamilton East. It averages 250 people every sacrament.. that's going to be way different than 30-40 people in Hawera. I have truly loved it here in Taranaki though!! I made some amazing memories here. But everything I've heard about Glenview is way sick! Back with the Islanders!! :) And Hamilton has HEAPS of members.. that means that there are heaps of mean as feeds!! My new companion is either Tongan or Samoan.. I don't remember.. but he's from Utah (dang!!!) His name is Elder Hopoate. If you go on LDS.org there is an "I'm a Mormon" video about a rugby player from New Zealand. Elder Hopoate is his cousin!! So I'm way pumped! And Zone Leader.. I'll be busy as!! :) Love it!! 

I went on 3 exchanges this week. So me and my companion were all over the place! We went to New Plymouth, Eltham, and Manaia! So it was nice to get a break from each other for a bit and serve in different areas! 

Flippin' Sister Thalman!! My Bud!! I'll miss her heaps! We took her to the bus stop today.. sad morning!! Hawera will definitely miss her.. and so will Elder Butler and Sister Chudleigh!! ;) But I'm way pumped because she served in Hamilton. So I will hopefully still be able to meet Mama Thalman!! 

So everyone.. that's all I want to say today!! But I will leave you with a little spiritual somethin'. 

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!! I can see the happiness that it brings to my life and to others. I love the Book of Mormon.. which is a miracle in itself because I Hate reading!! It truly is the Word of God.. I know it!! I know that my Savior is real, and that He loves me, and so does my Father in Heaven! I know that missionary work is the most important thing that I could be doing right now.  I may not be baptizing 204 people like Alma did straight away.  But because of my mission, MY testimony has grown... and because of that, My family and future family will hear and hopefully be thankful for that testimony that I will share with them!  I've seen miracles. Nothing too big, but I know that they are miracles! I've felt the power of the Holy Ghost, which is something that I've been longing to experience! I love my family, including my New Zealand family!! Here are some scriptures that I want you to look up. These have been some of my favorites recently! I have had powerful experiences with all of them! I hope they are the right references.. so check them out! 

3 Nephi 11:3-14 (of course.. because it's amazing!! But think about what is REALLY happening here... consider how you would feel falling at the Savior's feet and having the chance to feel the wounds that caused him pain.. because of his love for all of us!  Beautiful!)

Alma 5:16 (I pray that I will receive this welcome when that blessed day comes!) 

1 Corinthians 2:9 (I love him!)

D&C 45:3-5 + D&C 6:37 (first.. The Savior pleading with the Father! Second.. I felt as I read this scripture that the Savior was pleading to me, "Look at what I have done for you.. Please.. Be faithful.. Keep my commandments!!") another Beautiful scripture!

D&C 19:23 (I don't know why I put this scripture.. I just found it yesterday I think. But hopefully it will touch someones life as they read it!! It's very good!!)

I love you... and miss you too many! :) 

Arohanui,
Elder Butler 

Last selfie with the crew! 

Me and Elder Van Thiel. 

Fixin' the drawers for a pic with my matchin' sis!! 

there we go.. nailed it!

This is a family that we were working with.. they will be baptized! They are so cool! This is Deanne and Steve! They left to America for 3 weeks so I didn't get to teach them in time!! But I have high hopes for them!

The sisters came over one night because they were celebrating New Years!! (They celebrated all the holidays before Sister Thalman left.. I don't know if I told you that.)  They brought us Maori Girl tattoos. So they had fun putting them on us and we did the girl pukana. Well...I did! 

The sister's Pukana is horrendous!! haha! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment