Sunday, April 19, 2015

We KILLED THEM with KINDNESS!!

Kia ora Whanau in 'Merica!!

Sweet as week here in the Naki!! Miracles, Miracles, Miracles... one of my favorite things ever!! 

Starting out... my first District Meeting!! FLIP!! I was scared out of my mind!! I was praying for AGES to have a really spiritual meeting. So I planned really well.. and my goodness, If you were there in that meeting you would know... that the Spirit was so strong.. you could stick out your hand and flippin' touch it!! It was amazing... some of the poor sisters were in the back crying for goodness sake!! The best part was reading 3 Nephi 11:3-14... that is a life changing scripture for me!! I can't read that scripture without crying through the whole dang thing!! Now I'm planning for tomorrow's District Meeting, so hopefully it's as good as last time! 

This week we went on an exchange with the Mania Elders in Opunake. It went really well. Their area is slow as though... we tracted for like 9 hours!  That's a pretty bad exaggeration, but that's what it felt like!! I was with Elder Searle from Bingham, and Elder Canoy and Gerardo were smashing all the Philippenos in our area! 

We went to Normanby this week and walked past these brothas who were playing basketball.. and they waved 2's at us (meaning they wanted to play 2 on 2.) So Elder Canoy and I will never turn that down. So I set up my camera and started the game. The first play of the game Elder Canoy throws me an alley oop and I threw it down with my left hand!! It was hilarious!! I think I had like 5 dunks that game!! ;) It was so nice!! There is a video of the first play.  I'll get it to you as soon as I can! It's already on Facebook.. but I'll give you the real thing so you can share it!! ;) You're welcome mother!! :) But after the first play, the wind blew the camera over!! :/ but all goods!! 

Last night was hilarious!! We were walking in the town at around 8:30 and we passed this little take-away shop (little food joint thing... all over the place in NZ.) And there was a group of about 6 people. The guy in the middle thought he was funny as and he flipped us off. So I gave him a smile and a wave. We take a few more steps and I tell Elder Canoy, "Those guys just flipped us off." Immediately he said, "Let's go back!" So we laughed at the idea for a sec and went back to greet our kind brothers and sisters! We walked in this shop and went over to them with big smiles and started shaking all their hands. Their girls were all giggling and the guy who flipped us off had his head straight to the floor. He would NOT look at us!! He was guilty as!! It was hilarious!! We absolutely KILLED THEM with KINDNESS!! It works every time!! We laughed about it for the rest of the night!! 

That was my week right there... Oh.. Deanne and Steve (the to be continued story).. holy cow... Easy Baptism for the future sometime!! They are glorious!! I quote, "This is the path that I want to take!!" That came from Deanne... I'm so pumped for them!! 

That's all!! 

Laterz famdamily,

Elder Butler


Game on!! ;) 
Opunake Beach.  We ate some fish & chips on the beach for lunch!!
#elderbutler
Commanding the "many waters" of Opunake!!
Mt. Taranaki is finally snow topped!!





No comments:

Post a Comment