Monday, November 17, 2014

"Eeling" Sick...

What's up everyone,

So this week was weird as!! I don't have too much to say.. and i feel like crap, so I won't write too much!!

This week I tried some weird stuff though.. it was way cool. Last Monday we went eeling at the creek near our house and I was the first to catch one. Elder Wangsgard caught another soon after. They are the grossest animals I have ever touched in my life. The slime from off of their skin sticks to your hands and hardens. It's nasty. But we gave them to sister Mcarthy (a lady in our ward) and she cooked them up for us and brought them over. They were pretty decent. I have some pictures of them.. so check them out.  Along with eating eel, i tried something called a Kina. It's a Maori delicacy. It's a Sea Urchin that you cut in half and suck out the creamy inside (while it's still alive). It was freaking nasty. I've liked almost everything I've been fed here so far.. but Kina is terrible. Now... for the good stuff. A Feijoa! It's a fruit that i think is only grown in New Zealand.. but holy cow. It's delicious. That's about it for the weird foods this week. The members feed us a TON!! 
 
So our recent convert Peter.... man oh man. Some drunk Samoan came up to his house the other day (while me and Wangsgard were there) threatening him because he thought his kids stole his TV.  So he took him in the shed and beat the crap out of him!! I thought it was hilarious... He's the man!;) During our service this week.. Peter also ate 2 snails, a slug, and a worm... and now I owe him a milk and a bread;) I love him;)

It's been a pretty solid week though... We have been trying to find ways to find people and get referrals and all that good stuff.. so me and Elder Wangsgard started singing hymns for/with people. It was a great time!! 

I had my driving test on Thursday with Elder Wark. We ended up getting on the motor way and traveling down the country. It was absolutely Beautiful!! It showed me what New Zealand was really like.. I wish i could have gotten some pictures though.. It was amazing. 

Transfers are this week. Last week President was here.. and he brought me over and said he had a lot of confidence in me. I guess he wasn't kiddin.. I'm going from being trained, to training a new missionary-back to back transfers! :) I'm way excited. But i won't have my boy Elder Wangsgard anymore. Which honestly is a really good thing. Me and Elder Wangsgard's companionship is pretty much just as bad as having Me and Riley together. Knowing that I'm training someone though also means that I'll be in Rewa for another 3 months.. Which sucks in a way, but there's a lot for me to do here. Elder Wangsgard just got transferred to the most beautiful part of the mission though in the East Coast of Gisborne. He's a lucky man! 

That's about it this week fam..sorry it's not much. I have some pictures though. I love you all!! Cheers!!

Oh.. and I don't know if I've told you this yet or not.. but all missionary's say, "The harder you work... the more beautiful your wife will be.. and if you work in the rain.. Her beauty has exponential growth!!" :) Man... I'm glad I got called to New Zealand because it's been POURING on us!! ;) 

Ofa Atu,
Elder Butler 

Eeling
This was my first catch when we went eeling. It definitely wasn't my eel of choice.. but I thought it was pretty funny. Some massive as bra! :) 

My catch:) mmmm!
It felt so gross!

Elder Wangsgard's catch!
Cooked Eel.. Looks nasty aye? But it tastes pretty solid as!! ;) 


This is James. He's the man. Me and Elder Wangsgard named him The Great Hambino. (yes.. I came up with the name) He comes on splits with the missionaries quite often. 

 This is the Kina. It was moving around in my hand with all those spikey things:)  So you can see in the middle that little circle thing?? That's the heart area. That's how you crack it open. You take 2 spoons and smash them into the heart and pry it open.. Nasty.. but I pounded it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment