Monday, October 27, 2014

The Worst and the Best

Holy goodness gracious everyone,


This week.. let me tell you! It was easily the WORST and BEST week so far of my whole mission! I know.. doesn't make sense.. but just wait!

So starting from the beginning... our recent convert P____'s daughter is crazy.. she's kinda gone astray if you know what I mean.. She has a partner who's like 23 and she's 16.. so we've never had the chance to teach them. But they were doing some drug thing in a shed last week with marijuana and 8 bottles of Butane. Long story short.. chemicals in the air burst into flames and exploded a huge thing of Propane on the ground and exploded the shed. 3 of them are covered in 3rd degree burns, and a couple faces pretty much ripped off. I feel terrible for P_____ though.. he's been in the hospital with his daughter ALL week. So that was a weird story! But it made the front page of the newspaper so it was kind of a big deal!

Next... The Samoan ward was having a feed on Thursday at the chapel after one of our meetings, and of course, they insisted that we share it with them. So we had to...  I had HEAPS of sausages and meat patties, and other crazy stuff. I freaking woke up at 1 in the morning with a massive stomach ache... Threw up all morning!! So there's the bad news.. here's the good. Elder Wangsgard gave me a blessing that i'd be okay before the baptism that night. Right after.. i fell asleep, woke up right before i needed to go and felt just fine!! I was able to confirm Kopo after the baptism and it went really well. After all that fun stuff, the sisters in our ward called asking if we would give an investigator a blessing. (This investigator was one who me and Elder Wangsgard worked with forever.  She hasn't progressed very much because she hasn't felt the Spirit, so we handed her over to the sisters)  We went over and I gave her a blessing. I didn't say anything too crazy I thought, but when it was finished, she was bawling!! She told us she NEVER cries. The sisters told us how the rest of their conversation went after we left.. and the spirit pretty much smacked her in the face!! She said that she knew it was true!! It was a great experience!! The priesthood is amazing!! 

I think i told you guys a little about D______- last time.. Forgive me if i didn't.. but he's a less active that hasn't been in years!! He has wanted to change his life around though so... he did. He has been searching the scriptures inside and out!! He is easily the coolest guy i've ever met. So we had a little lesson with him about the temple and invited him to church. It was amazing!! We thought he wasn't going to come because he never gave us a call.. but we walked in the chapel, and there he was.  (D____'s job is not really the best... doesn't go too well with the gospel.. so he talked to bishop and told him he was willing to give it up.) So during sacrament meeting.. a man came up to D_____ with a piece of paper with some job thing on it for him. The man said "I had a feeling I should put this in my pocket this morning, and I didn't know why, but now I do!!" It was unreal!! The blessings were just pouring out all over him!! He could see it, and so could we. He was so pumped.. he was giving me and Elder Wangsgard hugs and telling us he loved us and stuff and thanking us over and over for helping him come back!! One of the best feelings I've had. If that wasn't prepared.. i don't know what is. One of the coolest parts though.. was he went back and got all his money and gave it to bishop for his tithing!! He's making it to the temple soon!! I'm determined to get him there!!

So honestly... The beginning of the week was straight up terrible!! Satan was really trying to smash us before the baptism. I think he knew we were going to have some awesome experiences and he didn't want that to happen! But it turned out pretty awesome in the end. 

Oh.. just a random fact... The bakeries here... PHENOMENAL!! Holy cow.. Meat pies, Potato top pies.. my goodness!! 

One more.. the dogs here are hideous!! They're mean.. and nasty! But we went on an exchange to a nicer area.. and i saw a little Tia. (our dog)  My heart sank!! It was ridiculous. Here's a big 18 year old missionary.. almost in tears because he misses his little buddy;) oh well.. 

And I guess one more... So Kopo had a guitar sitting in his room!! They let me jam on it while we ate lunch.. It felt so good!! 

That's all... I love you guys a ton.. You're little missionary is killing it everyday in the good ol' NZ!! 

Elder Butler


Lakopo Scanlin's baptism.  They get to go to the Temple in 1 year if everything works as planned.. and i'll most likely be able to follow them there!! I'm so pumped.. Oh.. and we have our 5th baptism soon on Dec 13! Oh...and check out the big man Elder Wangsgard just looking fresh as, looking off into the distance. ;) 

I'm bummed this picture is jacked up.. But this is Jonny.. My buddy!! He loves missionaries.

The Crew!
The Indians know how to party!  "Diwali" festival last week.. This is a picture of the Sikh temple right before the fireworks:)

Newspaper of the bomb...



No comments:

Post a Comment