Monday, August 1, 2016

My Testimony.

Kia ora everyone,

I'm almost there...1 more week! It feels so weird! I'm nervous, excited, happy, devastated, pumped, freaking out, sad, and confused all at the same time! I think I have a reason for each one of those as well! Today I was asked by my sweet mother to bear my testimony. So being obedient (of course),  I thought I might as well! :) 

So, my mission has changed my life. It's as easy as that! It was easily the hardest thing I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. 

I learned a lot on my mission. Like how to do the dishes without a dishwasher (I thought people only did that in the 1500's,) and how to crack open a sea urchin with 2 spoons then suck out the middle. (people call that "food" here in NZ, I call it "disgusting.") But the most amazing part about my mission was, no doubt, looking back and seeing how my testimony has grown over the past two years. It's been truly incredible! I thought I was perfectly fine back home... I thought my testimony was solid! But I quickly realized that it needed work, and now it's greater than I ever imagined, and it can only get better from here! 

So whanau back home, I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I know that he suffered and died for each and every one of us. It brings me sorrow knowing that I caused him so much pain, but I am truly grateful for everything that He went through for me! I know He atoned for, not only our sins, but every pain, heartache, disappointment, and negativity that we'll ever experience! He did that so He could know perfectly how to help us, and I know that he is always ready and willing to do so. I love Him!

I know that Joseph Smith was/is a prophet of God. I know that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as he was praying to know the truth. He translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God! I love the Book of Mormon! I've read it 5 times now and I've loved it more and more each time! I know that it is true. I know it! 

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true. The Church is wonderful. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, when applied in our lives, can help us return to live with our Father in Heaven again someday. I know that the Plan of Salvation was designed to bring happiness to our lives. We all have the opportunity to partake of these wonderful blessings if we are obedient! 

So, I guess on a more personal level... my testimony of personal revelation has been strengthened. Conversion and personal revelation will always be an ongoing process, but I feel like I'm heading down the right path. I have received many feelings/thoughts these last few years that I know are from God! The spirit testified to me that the apostles and prophets are true, I have learned of things that I need to do when I return home, my eyes have been opened to understand the scriptures more fully! These are only a few of my experiences, but I have many more, and I will cherish them forever! 

In a few short paragraphs, there is my shortened version of my testimony! I hope you feel as well, as you read this, that these things of which I have spoken are true! 

I love you all! I can't wait to see you next week! I am so excited (and every other emotion that I mentioned before!) 

Love,
Elder Butler 

Bros

Cleaning the church after a baptism. 




No comments:

Post a Comment